Functional Anatomy For Yoga Teachers
2 hours to 2 days
Learning anatomy with Bev will change the way you work. The human body is a whole system and should not be seen as separate anatomical areas.During this training, you will be introduced to functional anatomy and movement through the neurophysiology of asana and ahimsa. (non violence) Learn the anatomical systems of the body and how they all link together.
- Topics Covered:
- (CNC) Central Nervous System.
- Parasympathetic & Sympathetic Nervous Systems
- Respiratory & Circulatory System
Pranayama and the nervous system
- Flexibilty and breath
- The connection between fascia and prana
- Anatomy of bones & muscles
- The neurophysiology of stretching.
- Muscle compensation patterns and why they exist.
- Anatomy & asana analysis
- Neurolymphatic, Digestive & Endocrine Systems
- The enteric nervous system
- The Lymphatic System
Stress Management, Resilience & Yoga Therapy
- How the body lets go of stress and trauma.